If you follow us on Instagram, on Tuesday I talked about how it important it is to take time for yourself! Whether its 30 minutes everyday, a whole day or multiple days. It helps to give your life a balance and makes you more self aware. I took a personal day on Tuesday, this is why this topic came up and it really had me thinking how people don’t take time for themselves.
Sometimes you need to recharge, reset your perspective and allow your mind and body to rest. Finding me time is a beautiful thing!
How do you find time for yourself?
In the age of Technology and social media, how do you disconnect?
There are so many way’s you can find time for yourself, but here are some of the things that I have started to do. I may not do them every day, but I am trying to incorporate them into my routine as much as I can.
How I take time for myself:
- Working out – While I have been working three jobs (My 9-5, Blogging and working at a store 2-3 days a week) I haven’t had much time in the last couple of months to dedicate to this. I’ve found that the nights I don’t have a lot going on, I just want to relax on my couch. I am trying to make it a point to dedicate certain days for this for myself. Every Wednesday I used to go to a hip hop class, so I am going to try and not schedule work at the store on Wednesday evenings so I can incorporate this back into my life. I am starting to work with a trainer next week, so if all goes well I am hoping that I will be able to dedicate at least one day to her per week.
- Going on Walks- This is important to keep me sane at work. I believe everyone should take a break from their desk everyday. I try to go on at the very least a twenty minute walk on lunch. Breathe in some fresh air, listen to a little Frank Sinatra or whatever genre my mood is feeling that day and just recharge for the second half of my day.
- Eating my lunch away from my desk –Sometimes the work day is too busy and I can’t but if my coworkers are eating in the kitchen I make it a point to join them and get some time away from staring at my computer.
- Putting the phone down – Every night my do not disturb is set on my phone from 10pm- 8am. My sleep time should not be interrupted and if its an emergency someone can get through to me. I am trying to make it a point to put my phone down at least an hour before bed as well. I try to get all my instagram posting and engaging done before 9 on the nights that I am home at a reasonable time.
- Learning to say “No”– Over the last couple of months I have felt so overwhelmed with events and things going on outside of work. Starting in September I need to get better about saying No. Don’t feel guilty, your family and friends should understand!
Things I want to do for myself, but haven’t had a chance to start yet:
- Taking a class: I want to start taking classes to either learn Greek or Italian. I would also like to take a photography class! I have DuoLingo and Memrise on my phone but I have yet to spend more than an hour on it.
- Weekend Trips: Taking a Friday or a Monday off and heading to a state I’ve never been too, seeing some different sites and exploring all the other beautiful places in this world.
- Volunteering: There are so many great organizations that I want to get involved in, but I need to narrow down the list that I have and start looking for volunteer opportunities. Anyone have an organization that they love working with?
- Try New Recipes: I tend to make a list of the same things. Rhys and I have been trying to get better about cooking new recipes, but sometimes recipes call for SO many different ingredients I don’t want to spend all my money on something I am only going to use for one recipe.
- Trying New Restaurants: Along with recipes, I have an every growing list of all the places I want to try. Rhys and I said after summer travel and wedding season winds down we are going to try a new restaurant in our neighborhood at least once or twice a month!
Thanks for stopping by, I hope this inspires you to even do something small for yourself and grow from there! Share with me below, some of your favorite things that you do for YOU!