4.19.18 14

Make progress or make excuses!

Today I am coming at you with a short and sweet blog post. With being totally uninspired lately and anxiety at an all time high I would love for you to interact and comment on today’s post. Please answer at least one question, this girl needs some serious help!

When you are feeling uninspired how do you reinvigorate your creative side?

What would you like to see Stacy and I write about or show more of on the blog?

What do you do for a living? and do you truly love what you do?

Shop Maria’s Look

Easy Basic T’s:

High- Waisted Denim:

Similar Bags:

Blush Shoes:

Neck Scarves:

I’m trying to make progress and make less excuses so thanks in advance for your advice and keeping me motivated!

14 Comments

1. Emily wrote:

I’m sorry you’re feeling this way! When I’m feeling uninspired I take it outside! I put my phone and computer away and just walk. It gets my creativity flowing again and takes me away from all the noise on the internet!

• hashtagsandhangsbags wrote:

Thanks Emily!! Yes I can’t wait for the weather to warm up in Chicago and to be able to go for nice long walks outside! Taking time away from social media and the internet is a great tip. Thank you!

Published 4.20.18
  2. This is a really fun outfit. That bag is amazing. I love the eyelets down the strap.

• hashtagsandhangsbags wrote:

Thank you, yeah i love that detail of the bag! So fun and something different!

3. Leslie wrote:

Everyone goes through times when they feel uninspired, and that’s okay. Have you been extra stressed lately? I know that does it for me.

Sometimes it helps to just take a break-even if it’s just for a half hour or so-and do something you really love. You may find that you’re inspired afterward.

Published 4.20.18
  4. My blog is getting attacked by bots. I am hearing thats okay and not a big deal long term, but I cant get an accurate read on my site which is really hindering my motivation on the blog. I think it is good to step away sometimes and just take a little break.

5. Cathy wrote:

I’m so sorry that you’re experiencing anxiety and burnout. I think, as bloggers, we all go through this at one time or another. I hope my answers to some of your questions help you. <3

When you are feeling uninspired how do you reinvigorate your creative side? – Frankly, I have to walk away every so often. Take a break. Rest. I also do more of my hobbies and what I enjoy. Most importantly, don't put a time limit on it. Take as much time as you need whether it's a weekend or a week. I always come back inspired and ready to take everything on.

How do you stay motivated? Particularly with working out, I’ve fallen off pretty hard lately! – I signed up for a gym membership with the mentality that since I pay for it, I have to use it. I also schedule time in my calendar each day for going to the gym. If it's on my schedule, I'm more likely to go!

When you are feeling anxious or stressed, how do you handle it? Any tips or tricks are welcome! – Like I mentioned above, I have to step away for a minute. Whether it's so clear my head or have a good cry, you need to separate yourself from what's causing the anxiety or stress for a moment. One tip I have is to start your day with quiet time over coffee. Whether that's doodling for 30 minutes, prayer, or reading your bible, dedicate 30 minutes of your day BEFORE you do anything on your to-do list to filling your soul. I definitely notice the difference in my days.

What do you do for a living? and do you truly love what you do? – I'm a designer, home stylist, wedding planner, and blogger. I LOVE what I do. While being self employed always has its ups and downs, I wouldn't change any of it for the world. 🙂

6. Lauren wrote:

Love your thoughts on this, Maria! I’ve been trying to make less excuses in my life as well 🙂

Xx,

Lauren | http://www.lifestylesbylauren.com

7. candy wrote:

I am much older so getting close to retirement. Our time is now spent traveling and hobbies. The stress has almost disappeared. Write about what your passionate about.

8. Amanda wrote:

Staying motivated to workout can be hard but I’ve found that when my husband and I run/exercise together it definitely makes it more enjoyable and keeps me motivated!

9. Andrea wrote:

I stay motivated to work out by keeping a calendar. I cross out the days I workout so I have a visual. I also subscribe to a few pages on You Tube. I get notifications when they have posted new workouts, which is exciting. (Love PopSugar and BodyFit by Amy)

10. Rachel wrote:

I really love your outfit — especially the white shirt — so simple and understated!

Published 4.20.18
  11. I go through that all the time. Don’t give up and keep writing. Make sure the reason you are doing it is because you love it, otherwise the frustration will continue to grow. Keep your head up!

Published 4.21.18
  12. I love everything about this look! So cute!

Published 4.21.18