Happy Monday! Now that we are almost done with the first month of the New Year, who is still going strong with their resolutions? I personally am not one for making resolutions. I’ve learned that I am human and rather than setting a resolution for 365 days and getting down on myself for breaking something I instead have set intentions for the year. Some of my goals are as follows:
- To find a job! This is the most important step in the New Year and to get back on track with my career. It was great to be off during the Holidays and enjoy time with my family without having to worry about taking time off. But I am at the stage now, where I am just bored. Don’t get me wrong, once I start working again Im sure ill want a day to be bored, but right now I am ready for a new adventure! If you are want to know more behind this story, I published a post all about what’s going on here!
- Turning 30 in a month and WOW were there so many things I thought I would have accomplished by this age. I could go on and on about how I am not thrilled with getting older, but i’ll keep that to myself haha. Instead I need to focus on things I am looking forward to doing during my new year of life!
- Travel! I have a couple trips set for the year, but if you have been following along you know that I am trying to visit all 50 states by the time I’m 35! In March I am going to Austin for a Bachelorette party, so I get to scratch off the big state of Texas on my map! In June, we are headed to Disney with my parents, my sister, brother in law, niece and nephew. It’s going to be so magical! In July, we are off to Santa Barbara for Rhys’ cousins wedding. My dream is to start that trip off in Seattle, drive down the pacific coast highway, make some stops in Oregon and then down to Santa Barbara. I would be able to scratch two more states off my map! In the fall I would like to take a trip to the Northeast to visit either Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont or Connecticut. Heck why not all four! haha.
- Better my Health and Skin!
- No I do not want to lose any weight. I used to be much more active and had a lot more muscle definition. Finding my abs again at 30 is the goal! Finding what foods cause me to breakout, dairy and sugar I’m looking at you! Guess what? I am still going to eat dairy. But I am not going to try and not buy it or cook anything with dairy since I have control over that. Girls gotta live, plus pizza is my favorite food. All about finding a healthy balance for me. I’ve learned eliminating too many things at once, causes me to binge. I touched on this in one of our most recent posts about body positivity, you can read here how personal Stacy and I got!
- My skin. Man oh man, I have had issues since I was a teen. First it was really bad bacne, then I started getting crazy cysts on my face. The bacne hasn’t been as bad since I was in college, but the scaring is what I am working on now. I have been told my olive skin is a blessing and a curse. My face, I was getting chemical peels and laser treatments, but they were costly. I started back up with laser on my face in December and my doctor told me I had to come every month if I wanted to see results. I have been going to get this laser for over two years, but was going sporadically, so if I really want a change I guess I will be going every month. When I go I get two treatments and it costs $150 a session. When I was getting laser and chemical peels at the same time it was like $500 every six weeks. My wallet cannot handle that right now. The first laser that I get is to help control the sebum and all my acne breakouts. It kills the bacteria under my skin, which I need desperately. The second laser is for a birth mark that I have and any other discoloration caused by acne scarring. The doctor then goes over my back quickly to help with any of that scarring. I am a picker by nature. I tend to pick more when I am anxious. Yes, I know it’s terrible, but it’s oddly satisfying, but that’s something I am trying to control. I have also changed up my skin care routine, by implementing the 10 Steps Korean Beauty Routine and my dermatologist prescribed me a retinol that I really think is helping, finally! I’ve always dreamed of wearing a tank top and wearing my hair up and not down to cover my scars or to wake up at someones house and not immediately put some type of makeup on because I am self conscious of my scarring.
- All things Hashtagsandhandbags! Stacy and I had a meeting before the new year to go over what we would like to accomplish in 2018 and how we want to expand our brand! I am really looking forward to sharing more of that with all of you! Starting out with a new project/ partnership that we just started last week, with a boxing gym! Can’t wait to share our before and afters with you and how we feel about the workout over the next 7 months!
Onto my outfit details:
Faux fur is one of my favorite things to wear in the winter. From a young age I remember my Yiayia (Grandma in Greek) coming to parties in her floor length mink coat. It was so soft, warm and she looked so glamorous! I recently just borrowed another one of her fur coats from my mom to use in a upcoming shoot. I have always wanted to achieve that glamorous look just like my Yiayia. Faux fur has been increasingly more popular for designers to use in their collections and has quickly been catching on in fast fashion too. Technology today and dying techniques have allowed faux fur to look at feel like real fur.
I have been wanting to purchase a leopard faux fur coat since the fall. I kept eyeing a couple at ASOS, but just couldn’t click the checkout button. I kept asking myself is this too flashy? or should I spend $150 on something that I might not wear that much or is so trendy? I was walking through Target a couple weeks and saw this faux fur for $40, SOLD! Now it’s on sale for $11.98 even better!
Other Faux Fur options at Target:
Hope you have a great week!