Happy Monday! Today I want to talk about one of my favorite services that I have been using for years. Before we get into that I want you to answer the questions below. If any of these apply to you keep reading!
- Are you one of those people that want a different outfit for every occasion?
- Do you wish you had an amazing piece of Jewelry to go with an outfit, but can’t seem to find that one special piece?
- Do you wish you had a handbag to go with an outfit, but couldn’t afford the hefty price tag?
- Do you have a black tie event or gala to attend that requires a floor length gown, but you don’t want to invest in a piece because you will never wear it again?
- Are you a bridesmaid in a wedding and the direction from the bride was that you need a long champagne/gold beaded dress? But all the ones you have found cost hundreds of dollars.
If you answered yes to any of those questions, continue reading! I came up with this list of questions all based on my own experiences. For the last couple of years I have been using Rent The Runway for every wedding I’ve attended.
What is Rent The Runway?
“A Netflix Model for Haute Couture”- The New York Times
This is how the service works:
- Shop for any of the occasions we talked about above + more!
- Not sure of how the dresses will fit? RTR sends you a free backup size! There are customer reviews, with photos that allow you to see how these items look on real women not just models! They have stylists who can help answer questions and if you truly do not like the dress they will overnight you another before your event.
- Tip: Really read those reviews! I am 5’3 so I typically have an issue with length. I like to read reviews of women who have a similar build to me or to rent pieces that are available to rent in short, regular or petite.
- How long can I rent it for? You can rent it for either 4 or 8 days. I typically rent for 4 days if it’s for a wedding that I am attending as a guest. I would suggest 8 days if you have to travel or if you just want to make sure you have more time in case the item truly doesn’t work for you. It will cost you a little more to rent for 8 days than 4 so keep that in mind. You can choose the dates you would like the items to arrive!
- Tip! Don’t wait till the last minute because some dresses and items can become unavailable because other people have rented them and then your dream dress is gone!
- Do I have to pay to ship this back? Nope! Rent the Runway sends you your items in a garment bag that also comes with a free return shipping label. All you have to do is drop it off at your local UPS! Or if you live in one of the select cities and near the store you can also drop it off there.
Are you still unsure?
Guests of weddings have asked me ten times plus where I got my dress from when I used Rent The Runway. I have had people tell me I was the best dressed guest at the wedding (You’re lying to yourself if you don’t love compliments like this!). I have had people tell me that they have always wanted to try Rent The Runway, but have always been so skeptical. Don’t be, I have had nothing but great experiences with the service! There are multiple plans you can choose from, plus if you have never used it before you can get 20% off your first order!
What plan is right for me?
You have three options:
- RTR Reserve
- Pay as you rent model – Rentals starting at $30
- Rent for 4 or 8 days
- Rent from hundreds of designers
- Get a free back up size
- RTR Update
- $89 a month
- Rent four pieces a month, return and rent new ones for the following month!
- Discount on items for members only.
- RTR Unlimited– This is the service I use. It seems like at least every other month I have an event to attend.
- $159 a month- Rent four pieces at a time. I can get my dress, earrings and purse. This is especially useful when I have two events in a month.
- You can keep these pieces for as long as you want- the 4 or 8 day rules don’t apply here!
- Fall in love with an item and you want to keep it? You receive a member’s only discount! I bought a coat from English Factory that I fell in love with after I rented.
** This service also really helps me to step up my existing wardrobe!
Stacy and I partnered with RTR over the summer for wedding season! We rented not only for the weddings, but all events leading up to them: Engagement parties, Bachelorette parties, Bridal Showers and Rehearsal Dinners.Here are some posts that feature our pieces from Rent the Runway: How to wear a Jumpsuit to a Wedding and Wedding Season What not to Wear!
Shop Maria’s Look:
Feel free to comment here or email us at Hashtagsandhandbags@gmail.com and we will be happy to answer any questions or reservations you have about using Rent the Runway!
**This post is in no way sponsored by Rent the Runway, this is all based off my own opinions and experiences.
PS. If you haven’t entered yet, we partnered with a group of amazing bloggers to give you a chance to win a $1,000 Nordstrom Giveaway! Enter Below!
’tis the season to give back!
I’ve teamed up with an amazing group of bloggers
to give YOU a chance to win:
a $1,000 Nordstrom Gift Card, to make your holidays just a little bit sweeter!
Simply enter below by completing the rafflecopter.
You’ll receive one entry per completion.
This giveaway is open internationally and runs until end of day 12/18.
Winner will be announced here. Good Luck!
*this giveaway is in no way sponsored by Nordstrom.
Photography Ali Stone Photography
Location of shoot: The Langham