Hey babes! I am so excited, I can’t even believe I am headed to the Happiest Place on Earth!! Eek!! 🙂 I thought it’d be fun to quickly share with you guys what’s in my carry-on for this trip.
Obviously, every vacation is different and so what’s in my carry-on does change from trip to trip. BUT these are my pretty basic staples for every trip and I thought might be helpful for anyone who is getting ready for their own vacation.
You can hover over and click each item in my pictures to shop everything (with the exception of things like gum and hand sanitizer because, well, go to Walgreens. haha So without further ado- here’s what’s in my carry-on…
First and foremost I have to mention this bag from Charming Charlie! It is pure perfection and I knew I had to have it the second I saw it. I got the dark green, but it also comes in black and tan. It is perfect for the office, which is why it is cleverly named the “chic commute tote”, but it is just the right size to double as my carry-on bag. #winning
What’s In My Carry-On
- I always downsize my wallet. This little Kate Spade card holder is perfect for my debit / credit card, driver’s license, some cash and a couple of other cards I might deem necessary. This helps to lighten your bag because you are already stuffing it full of other items you might not normally carry in your purse. For example, it might not be necessary to take your Nordstrom credit card, Victoria’s Secret “free tote bag” card, and all of those miscellaneous member points cards with you…
- Headphones. My Bose Soundsport wireless headphones are my best friend at the gym and on the go. Seriously. Best headphones ever.
- Hair bands. These clear springy-guys are my new fave. The beautiful soul who cuts my hair told me about these (thanks Carla!) and they really are a game changer. They don’t leave a crease, they don’t give me a headache, they hold up at the gym AND when they stretch out you just put your hairdryer to them and they shrink right back down!
- Chapstick. I am keeping this Coola chapstick in Bonfire close to my side for this Disney trip. It is super moisturizing, organic, cruelty-free and a very subtle color to it. Plus it’s got SPF so it’ll be ideal for hopping off the plane and heading to the pool at our resort!
- Hand sanitizer. Or Wet Wipes! Because traveling can be gross and you don’t want to get sick on your vacation!
- Deodorant. I always keep a little one in my carry-on because let’s be honest they don’t always turn the AC on right when you board. Makes it super easy to freshen up as soon as you land.
- Gum. While I don’t like to chew gum really anymore (Whole30 people know what I’m talking about #foodfreedom haha) it really is nice to chomp on to keep your ears from popping!
- Sunglasses. The bigger and darker the better. Especially for those early AM flights where I cannot be bothered to put on eye makeup!
- Face and eye masks. Wearing a sheet mask on a plane makes you look crazy. BUT if you can get over caring what others are thinking of you, you will never go back once you’ve tried it. Flying can take a toll on your skin and cause major breakouts and dry skin. So I love to just relax mid-flight and pretend I’m at the spa. Try the eye masks first if you’re too nervous to do the full face mask. They help make you look alive so I find it best to use in the last hour or 30 minutes of your flight.
- Make-up wipes. Great if you’re not into using a sheet mask on your flight but you still want to have fresh skin afterwards. I also use them to remove any of last night’s mascara that I may have smudged on my face in the air.
- Hangover Rx. This is technically a primer by Too Faced, but I love to use it apres-flight as a hydrating refresher for my face. The smell is great and its very lightweight, gives a great glow and really rejuvenates gross airplane face.
- Brow pencil and mascara. I don’t like to fly with makeup on because I like to mask in the air and then apply the Hangover Rx after the flight. Then, in the bathroom I like to put on my eyebrows and some mascara. These are my two ride or dies for every day use and traveling. Hands down the easiest and more natural brow pencil I’ve used, and this mascara really does make it look like “they’re real”.
- Brush or comb. Lastly, I always keep a brush or teasing comb in my carry-on. I originally got this mini brush for the gym, but it’s perfect for travel too and it’s gentle on my hair while still getting the job done.
Additional Travel Essentials
- Travel pillow. These things honestly are the only way I can sleep on a plane (somewhat) comfortably. They have so many cute ones out there (mine is originally from Marshalls I think) but you can always snag one at the airport if you forget!
- Drink coupons! If you fly Southwest (which I try to as much as possible because it is cheaper and the staff is incredible), then don’t forget those drink tickets they send you! Not a Rapid Rewards member? What on earth are you waiting for.
- Snacks. I like to BYOS because frankly almonds are much more filling than peanuts (and Whole30 approved too)! Easy things like a bag of almonds or a fruit strip are my go-to snackaroos and these fruit strips from Trader Joes are my fave.
- iPad. This doesn’t always go with me in my carry-on, on a short flight I may just stick with a magazine or book. Especially if I don’t think I’ll use the iPad once I reach my destination. It can become just an extra item to lock in the safe or worry about during travels. Which leads me to my next recommendation…
- A book or magazine. You can always grab one at the airport shop, but you will likely pay a premium for convenience.
- The last thing I always try to pack in my carry-on is a change of clothes and a swimsuit (if applicable). In this instance, I want to be able to rot by the pool if my luggage is lost or delayed. I also like to pack shorts because I generally travel in pants. Pro-tip, roll your clothing items up as small as you can and they will take up less room. They put them at the bottom of the bag so you don’t have to constantly take them out to search for gum or your eye mask!
Hopefully this gave you guys some inspiration for what to pack in your carry-on the next time you are traveling! Thanks for stopping by and make sure you follow along on Instagram @Hashtagsandhandbags to see the magic of Disney unfold in our feed and our story!