I hope everyone had a truly wonderful Christmas! I spent the time up in Michigan where my parents live and it was so relaxing to look out over the frozen lake and enjoy copious amounts of wine with my family. We stayed in mostly and watched old family videos, like Christmases from the 90’s and our birthday parties growing up. One day we did venture out to get some after Christmas shopping done and man did we hit the jackpot!
Now that Maria and I have shared the best fashion after Christmas sales, I wanted to share with you guys where we found the best deals for home decor too! I have literally planned out what next year’s Christmas is going to look like at our house (inside and out!), and we are stocking up while prices are low. So without further ado…
Here are the 10 BEST home decor items to buy after Christmas:
- GARLAND- Garland can run anywhere from $30 to well over $100 depending on how thick it is and what other decor is on it. I found the BEST deal on garland at Hobby Lobby, I got long realistic looking garland with red berries and pinecones for $12 (originally $49.99)!
- WREATHS- It is hard to find a beautiful wreath for under $50, but if you shop for one after the season you can find them for dirt cheap. Hobby Lobby has the best deal on these too at 80% off, followed by Michael’s which has 70% off.
- SIGNAGE & DECOR- Every year I am tempted to get all new everything, from big statement signage to small decor pieces. DON’T DO IT! Wait until after Dec 25th and you can pay next to nothing for those items. The JOY Marquee sign below is only $12.50 right now at Target (originally $25).
- STOCKINGS- Stockings can really finish off the look of your mantel or staircase. If you switch your decor every year (like I’ve been known to do) wait to buy new until after Christmas. Or if you’re welcoming a new baby or dog to the family get theirs then too. Best decorative stockings I found on sale at Hobby Lobby (I got new ones for $2 each), and best children’s and pets stockings are on sale at Target!
- CHRISTMAS LIGHTS- Indoor and outdoor lights go on sale as soon as you cut into your Christmas ham so if you need to switch yours out or add more head to Lowe’s or Home Depot to find great prices on good quality lights.
- CHRISTMAS DISHES- Get out to your local HomeGoods to find the most unique and beautiful holiday dishes on sale for 50% off!
- ARTIFICIAL TREES & TOPPERS- Hands down best deals are online at Home Depot, Lowe’s and Target. If you are super fancy you can get a beautiful realistic looking tree at 60% off at Balsam Hill, but it will cost you $300 and up (#housegoals).
- ORNAMENTS- Ornaments that you can buy in big boxes or tubes give you the best bang for your buck and are cheapest at Walmart and Target. Next best deals are at craft stores like Michaels, Hobby Lobby and JoAnn’s. You can also find them on sale at hardware stores like Lowe’s, Menards and Home Depot.
- SEASONAL PILLOWS- By far the best selection is half off right now at your local HomeGoods. Next cutest but not as cheap are at Target (like the one pictured below).
- THROW BLANKETS- Even if you don’t need or want a red or green throw, you can often find neutral ones that came out for the holidays and are marked down with the plaids and snowflakes. Great time to get an extra one for the winter!
Here are the BEST places to shop for home decor after Christmas!
- Frontgate– Up to 50% off holiday decor
- Hobby Lobby– 80% off online (best selection in stores)
- Home Depot– 50% off (best selection in stores, with the exception of artificial trees)
- HomeGoods- 50% off in stores
- JoAnn Fabrics– Up to 75% off online and in stores
- Lowe’s– Wrap It Up Christmas sale 50% off
- Michaels- 70% off in stores
- Overstock– After Christmas clearance up to 70% off
- Pier 1– Up to 50% off & New Year, New Room 20% off
- Pottery Barn– Winter Warehouse sale up to 70% off
- Target– At least 50% off online and in stores
- Wayfair– Up to 70% off year end clearance sale
And here is a little preview of what Christmas looked like in our living room this year with links to buy the same or similar items below!
*Things from HomeGoods include: mismatched dishes, two white dining chairs, assorted ornaments, two red throw pillows, assorted decor and table runner.
*Real garland swag on the table is from the Boy Scouts when they are selling wreaths!
Now go forth this weekend and SHOP!!!! Whether you head to your local stores or take advantage of free shipping, I hope you find some great deals to plan ahead for your holiday decor for 2017!!!